Five Ways to Go Green on St. Patrick’s Day
St. Patrick’s Day is all about green: wearing green clothes, drinking green beer, and decorations of green. However, this St. Patrick’s Day let’s make the green theme more than just a color by going eco-friendly while celebrating. Join Element Earth Works and “go green” by going “eco-friendly”.
Earth-Friendly St. Patrick’s Day Ideas
1. Buy locally-produced foods for your St. Patrick’s Day meal: Keep your dollars in the local community, and cut down on pollution all at once. Buying local foods allows consumers to directly engage with the people who grow their food. It creates a sense of community and cuts down on the transportation costs associated with trekking foods across the country. Plus, your foods will always be fresh and taste good since they’ve recently been harvested and are in season.
2. Drink only locally-sourced beers: The craft brewery movement is growing. Seek out a local brewery, like our friends at Town Hall, and bring home a growler. If you’re going to be hitting the town, then ask for a local draught. You’ll again be supporting your local economy.
3. Create your own green dyes: Store-bought dyes often have chemicals in them. Here at Element Earth Works, we use natural herbs and spices to color our soaps naturally. Our Lemongrass whatever soap is dyed with all-natural
4. Walk or bike to the bars: We all love good St. Patrick’s Day bar crawl and it’s another perfect way to go green. Walk or bike to the bars to save on gas and reduce your carbon footprint.
5. Create decorations out of recycled materials: It’s easy to go buy plastic decorations from a big box store. Making your own decorations, however, allows you to recycle old household items and gives the kids a fun project to work on. Use old green bottles (like wine or even beverage bottles) to create lights or vases. Create shamrocks and hats for the kids to wear out of leftover felt. Let your imagination be your guide.
Have a Happy and Safe St. Patrick’s Day from Andrew and Brittany at Element Earth Works.